- Why does Kowsar have article processing charges (APC) for publishing in its journals?
- How much does Kowsar charge for its different journals (Acceptance Fee or AF)?
- How can I avoid the English editing surcharge?
- Which article types are published free of charge?
- How can I transfer funds to Kowsar?
- Does Kowsar offer any discounts on the article processing charges (APC)?
- Do I have to pay if my manuscript is rejected?
- Are reprints of my article included in the article processing charges (APC)?
Why does Kowsar have article processing charges (APC) for publishing in its journals?
Kowsar publishes all its journals in full open access format. The scientific community and the general public can unlimitedly and immediately access all content published in our journals for free as soon as it is published on the Internet. This means that Kowsar does not have any income from selling subscriptions to print or online versions of its journals or from charging "pay-per-view" fees. Therefore, Kowsar needs to defray its editorial and production costs by collecting article processing charges (APC) from authors' institutes or research funding bodies. Kowsar is committed to keep its open access publication charges at a minimum level. Already now, Kowsar's charges—if calculated per page—are much lower than the revenues per published page that traditional, subscription-based academic publishers can generate.
Paying the article processing charge in an Open Access journal is a replacement with the normal subscription charges used by most journals and allows journals to make the full text of every published article freely available to all interested readers.
How much does Kowsar charge for its different journals?
The amount of article processing charges (APC) for different journals is given in the table below. The basic article processing charges (APC) cover editorial service and production of an article. A separate English editing charge will be applied to articles that require extensive English language editing or formatting. Non-native English speaking colleagues are encourage to use a professional English editing service before submission of a manuscript. Usually the publication in the first volume of newly launched journal is free of charge.
- Service Type abbreviations: AF: Acceptance Fee
- Article Types: There are four types of articles in each journal: Super Short articles, Short Articles, Normal Articles, and Long Articles. These article types and their word counts are defined in table below. top
- Price Calculation is based on each article's word count. To view the word count limitation for each article type, please visit the Instruction for Authors of each journal (and then Word Count Limits page) or click on the Article Type text in front of each journal name.
- Extra Fee will be applied for each extra 500 words in articles which exceed the article type limitation.
- VAT Rates: All price are exclusive VAT rate. Tax rate could be 6-25% based on the country. top
- Bank Transfer Costs: All price are exclusive bank transfer costs. Each transaction costs 5 Euro plus country costs for non-EU countries and 0.5 Euro per EU countries plus 5 Euro of Bank storten and country costs (min 10 Euro, Max: 50 Euro). Calculation for international payment can be found here and here. How to calculate? top
- English Editing Services and Costs: The prices include English Editing Costs. If you have already edited your manuscript in one of the mentioned companies, 100-200 $ will be decreased. To apply for this exclusion, contact us at: support.kowsarpub.com
- Banking Services: Local users can benefit from local banking services. top
- Currency: The default currency is Euro since 13 Jan 2015. Paying in other currencies like $ will cost you additional costs. top
How can I avoid the English editing surcharge?
To avoid the English editing surcharge, we recommend that non-native English speaking authors send their manuscripts to a professional English editing service prior to the submission of their manuscript to Kowsar journals. We recommend the below listed manuscript editing services. These language editing services will issue a certificate to attest that authors used their services to improve the language and style of their manuscript. The certificate should be included alongside the submission. Authors of articles submitted to Kowsar journals benefit from a one-time 10% discount on Kowsar's fees or a 15% discount on Manuscriptedit's fees. Simply follow the below links to make use of the referral discount. We recommend to use these English editing services:
For International Customers
For Persian Customers
|Any question could be asked via www.publisher.support|
Which article types are published free of charge?
Editorial items (Editorials, Corrections, Additions, Retractions, Book Reviews and Books Received etc.) are published free of charge. Article processing charges (APC) are only applied to primary content: research articles, reviews and mini reviews, communications, short notes, etc.
How can I transfer funds to Kowsar? (Methods of Payments)
There are 2 ways to pay article processing charges:
1) Online Payments: The best way is using "Online Payment System via Journal Website".
To pay the fees, sign in to the journal website and follow the wizard under your manuscript in the Authorial Area. Normally, the authors are allowed to pay the invoice only after "Acceptance". When an article is accepted for publishing, an invoice will be generated and sent to the author via the journal online system.
If you want to pay other charges like PPC, kindly contact us via support.kowsarpub.com
2) Offline Payment: International payments can be done via Paypal with your credit cards (Visa, Master Card, etc.). Bank payments can also be done using IBAN and BIC number of the company. To send the fees manually via the bank account, request us to send you an offline invoice via this link
For more information, contact us via support.kowsarpub.com
Follow Journal Website
Does Kowsar offer any discounts on the article processing charges (APC)?
Kowsar does not offer any discounts on its article processing charges (APC) for regular submissions. However, Kowsar publishes selected articles invited by the Editorial Office for free. In some cases Kowsar offers a discount to reviewers of some journals to thank them for their services or to previous authors to thank them for their loyalty.
Do I have to pay if my manuscript is rejected?
No. Kowsar only sends the invoice for article processing charges (APC) if and once a manuscript is accepted for publication. The acceptance of a manuscript is based on the outcome of the peer-review procedure. The final decision as to whether a manuscript is accepted for publication or rejected will be taken by an external editor (usually the Editor-in-Chief of a journal or the Guest Editor of a special issue) based on scientific merit.
Are reprints of my article included in the article processing charges (APC)?
No. Article processing charges (APC) do not entitle the authors to receive reprints of their published article. Reprints can be ordered separately and optionally for any article that has been published in a Kowsar journal. To request an offer for reprints of an article, please visit the website of the article you would like to reprint and follow the "Order Reprint" link or contact us via support.kowsarpub.com
Last Change: 03-Oct-2016